Located prominently on Bolton Hill's famed grand boulevard, 1810 Eutaw Place is a converted turn-of-the-century mansion converted into 7 large one- and three-bedroom apartments. The front façade, while built in the early part of the 20th century, was modeled to appear much older, in a style more suited to the early 19th century. The front face, built with massive granite blocks, features ornately carved flora and even the occasional gargoyle to look over its inhabitants. Much of the Victorian interior has been salvaged and restored as well, with beautiful wood moldings, tiled fireplaces, gingerbread trimming, and wainscoting throughout the main entryway.
When acquired in 2006, the building had been sitting vacant for four years. It was run down, grossly under maintained, and it had been years since it had met city housing or building codes. Using it's in-house construction team headed by Lawrence Burch, a 30-year veteran of historic renovation, and utilizing a creative value engineering technique of selective reuse, Barrus was able to take this dilapidated building and bring it back to it's former glory for just a fraction of the typical cost involved in historic rehabilitation. 1810 Eutaw Place now houses post-college millennials as well as undergrads and graduate students from nearby Maryland Institute, College of Art (MICA) and the University of Baltimore. Rents range from the $850 range for a studio to the $1,600 range for a three-bedroom apartment.
- Bolton Hill
- 7 Residential
2 Covered Parking
- Present Market Value