Built to house some of Baltimore's wealthiest families at the turn of the 20th century, 1812 and 1814 Eutaw Place elegantly face Bolton Hill's famed grand boulevard. Combined, the two converted mansions feature 18 studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments. Combined with 1810 Eutaw Place, already controlled by Barrus, complete a row of ultra-wide mansions with façades specially modeled to appear much older, in a style of the early 19th century. The front faces of all three buildings, built with massive granite blocks, features ornately carved flora and even the occasional gargoyle to look over its inhabitants. Much of the interior Victorian features of the mansions still exist, such as beautiful wood moldings, tiled fireplaces, gingerbread trimming, and wainscoting.
Both 1812 and 1814 Eutaw Place are currently occupied, however they both suffer from poor upkeep and grossly deferred maintenance. Plans are to bring both buildings up to a high standard of upkeep, and to add value and increase rents utilizing a creative value engineering technique of selective reuse and cosmetic upgrades. The extensive courtyards of 1810, 1812 and 1814 Eutaw will be combined and professionally landscaped to create a private oasis of nature in an otherwise fairly urban setting, and will include verandas, flowering trees and shrubs, climbing vines, a water feature, and extensive community vegetable gardens for residents.
The combined three properties are expected to house post-college millennials as well as undergrads and graduate students from nearby Maryland Institute, College of Art (MICA) and the University of Baltimore. Rents will range from the $850 range for a studio to the $1,700 range for a three-bedroom apartment.
- Bolton Hill
- 25 Residential
- $150,000 (expected)
- Expected Market Value